Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Real Server No Internet Access

Hello,

Need help regarding this issue, I have configured LB without using NAT and to make this happens I need to use LB as a gateway. 

All things seem going well as I can access web using its VIP. Now I'm stuck with the problem that server cannot access to the internet.

If I change its gateway to CORE switch, it can get internet access without any problem.

Some infos:

- Server and Client VLAN ( server vlan 36 and client vlan 37)

- Real Server is using LB as a gateway so server can be accessed only using its VIP (correct me if Im wrong)

- Server can communicate with other VLANs

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks,

Faris

3 Replies 3

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Faris,

You can use source NAT on LB to overcome this problem. Is there a reason why you don't want to do NAT? You can also do server NAT for server originated traffic to outside internet. But if you don't want to change the setup, doing source NAT would be the best option.

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

Hi Kanwal,

Thanks for the response.

I don't want to do NAT because from the server I need to see source client ip that access to it, if do NAT it will show NAT ip. Can you help me on how to do server NAT?Because I need to maintain the current configuration and dont want to change the setup.

Thanks,

Faris

I have solved this issue by using this guide:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/91121/configure-ace-direct-server-return-mode

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: