Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9k SNMP Trap for Power Supply

Tom Marcoen
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys

Is it possible to have the ASR 9010 send out an SNMP trap when a power supply fails or is it only possible to query for this even using SNMP?

Gr,

Tom

6 Replies 6

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yeah that is part of the ENTITY-MIB Tom. you would need to enable the "sysowner" keyword however for monitoring power supplies on the community definition.

see more info here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/86836/asr9000-monitoring-power-supply-information-snmp

xander

Hey Xander

I saw and read your post on Monitoring Power Supply Information via SNMP on the ASR9k, but I did not find anything about the ASR sending traps. It looked to me this was only for the NMS to poll the ASR for their power supplies. We currently have the following commands in place (among others) but we did not receive an SNMP trap when the power supply failed.

snmp-server community CISCO RO SystemOwner ASR9k
snmp-server traps system
snmp-server traps sensor

Regards

Tom

hi tom! you may be running into :

CSCue79000   YJFT: Fru Traps not raised when Fan Tray or Power Shelf is OIR'ed

cheers

xander

Hi Xander

This indeed seems to be the case. I was, however, only able to find this bug for release 4.3.1 while we are still running version 4.2.3. I created a TAC to further have it investigated.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards
Tom

Apparently I need snmp-server traps fru-ctrl and not system or sensor. It's not a bug after all.

that's always good :) thanks for the confirmation and closure on this Tom!

xander

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: