cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-SM upgrade to 9.4.1 "WARNING: Failover is enabled but standby IP address is not configured for this interface" errors

Darren Cooper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have ASA-SM pair (WS-SVC-ASA-SM1) in active/standby failover mode currently running 9.0.4  (asa904-smp-k8)

I am upgrading to 9.4.1 and first attempt failed giving the following errors for every interface on every context when reloading the standby:

*** Output from config line 704, "admin-context admin"
WARNING: Failover is enabled but standby IP address is not configured for this interface.
*** Output from config line 23, context 'admin', " ip address 192.168.100...."
WARNING: Failover is enabled but standby IP address is not configured for this interface.
*** Output from config line 28, context 'admin', " ip address 192.168.62...."
Cryptochecksum (unchanged): 001694fe 4f35b7e7 3a89fcb6 396e8984
*** Output from config line 718, "  config-url disk0:/admi..."
Creating context 'rtman'... Done. (2)
*** Output from config line 721, "context rtman"
.WARNING: Failover is enabled but standby IP address is not configured for this interface.
*** Output from config line 25, context 'rtman', " ip address 192.168.129...."

The config is then replicated from the active with the same issue:

************WARNING****WARNING****WARNING********************************
   Mate version 9.0(4) is not identical with ours 9.4(1)
************WARNING****WARNING****WARNING********************************
Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.
ASA-Model> .

Detected an Active mate
#Beginning configuration replication from mate.

Each context configuration has the correct interfaces so why is it being rejected? The post 9.4.1 config is identical to the 9.0.4 version bar a couple of SSH commands.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,
Darren

4 Replies 4

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is only an informational message that the DATA interface does not have a standby IP configured.

This will not have a functional impact. I don't see any errors.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Hi Vibhor,

thank you for this, I did lose connectivity during the change after the newly upgraded standby failed over and owing to a lack of time, rolled it back straight away, I will re-test and be more persistent with my troubleshooting, if required.

Darren

Hi Darren,

I don't think these errors would be related to this connectivity issue that you saw.

I would suggest keeping a console logs for the complete migration window.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Please check if all Interfaces have a standby ip! Fix it, then you should not see this warning again.

Configuration > Device Management > High Availability and Scalability > Failover > Interfaces

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card