cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up 3602e on network

cmason
Level 1
Level 1

Pardon my newbie-ness.  I have a 3602e access point that is out of the box new.  I am trying to get it up & running on my LAN.  Our Primary network switch is a Catalyst 3650 in which I have configured and enabled a WLAN.  I have configured option 60 & 43 in my DHCP... however the 3602 does not seem to locate the switch/controller.  What am I missing here?

I do not currently have any other Cisco access points on this LAN.

8 Replies 8

ammahend
VIP
VIP

can you attach the config of the switch port where you are connecting the AP,

printshots of the controller wlan and management interface interface configuration, controller AirOS version ??

-hope this helps-

Hi All.  Thanks for your many responses.  After finally rebooting the switch over the weekend, I have been able to get the 3602e to join the controller.  It is broadcasting my SSIDs like I want it to..   Clients are connecting & picking up IP addresses.  That looks good.  HOWEVER...  none of the clients can ping my gateway.. so clients have no internet access.  Everything looks correct now, so I am at a loss.  Let me know what additional information you might need from me, I will post it ASAP.

thanks

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Post as well how you configure the VCI on your DHCP Server including ASCII value plus the Predefined Option pointing to the VCI.

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

cmason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.  Thanks for the replies.  I managed to work around some of my own stupidity, and now I can see that the 3602e & the 3650 are at least talking to each other.   The 3602 is now cycling through flashing blue, and then alternating red/amber/green. When I look in the Controller GUI, I am seeing many AP Join attempts, however 3602 never joins.  The log is telling me the following

May 22 12:18:12.892: *%LWAPP-3-AP_LICENSE_REQUEST_ERR: 1 wcm:  License request failed for AP d0:72:dc:ec:35:f0 - AP License Request timedout, ensure MC link is up, Resettting AP 

I am pretty sure the licensing is activated. (see attached).

What's next?

cmason
Level 1
Level 1

I may have answered my own question... It seems that the 3650 is still acting as a mobility agent & not the MC.  I need to find some downtime to reboot it & hopefully it will be all good.

fingers crossed.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What controller and what code are you running ? 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

cmason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.  Thanks for your many responses.  After finally rebooting the switch over the weekend, I have been able to get the 3602e to join the controller.  It is broadcasting my SSIDs like I want it to..   Clients are connecting & picking up IP addresses.  That looks good.  HOWEVER...  none of the clients can ping my gateway.. so clients have no internet access.  Everything looks correct now, so I am at a loss.  Let me know what additional information you might need from me, I will post it ASAP.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card