Views
Helpful
Replies

Accidentally deleted Flash on Cisco 2960

bd0000001111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I accidentally deleted the Flash on Cisco 2960 switch. I haven't rebooted so everything works OK but what can i do? I know i need to transfer the IOS image to Flash again but what about configuration etc.? Please help. 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

i dont think you can actually delete the flash just the contents so your ok just dont let it reboot or you will be re-imaging it from rommon which is more tricky

You need to give one of the interfaces an ip address give your laptop an ip address in the same subnet and connect it up make sure they can ping each other , then you need to do a standard tftp of an image and check flash make sure its there , as its the only image reload the switch and it will boot it.

disable your fw and av on your pc sometimes they block tftp depending on the software

Hers a guide will help

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1900/software/configuration/guide/Software_Configuration/upgrade.html#pgfId-1054561

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

i dont think you can actually delete the flash just the contents so your ok just dont let it reboot or you will be re-imaging it from rommon which is more tricky

You need to give one of the interfaces an ip address give your laptop an ip address in the same subnet and connect it up make sure they can ping each other , then you need to do a standard tftp of an image and check flash make sure its there , as its the only image reload the switch and it will boot it.

disable your fw and av on your pc sometimes they block tftp depending on the software

Hers a guide will help

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1900/software/configuration/guide/Software_Configuration/upgrade.html#pgfId-1054561

Thank you very much :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card