cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rv180 Setup Problem

Eric Valk
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded my RV180 to 1.0.5.4, I wiped the configuration clean and started over. When I run the startup wizard, I enter the user name and password, but after I log out, the RV180 does not accept that user name and password. The only work around I have so far is to configure everything manually. Has anyone experienced this? I wonder if this is a SW bug, or if this thing is having HW issues and discard it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Vandergrift
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

I have seen this issue before.  Please reset the device to factory defaults and when the wizard launches go ahead and cancel it and configure manually.  Sometimes there can be browser compatibility issues with the wizard so it is best to configure manually.  If you need help with configuration you can call SBSC at 866-606-1866 and open a case.  

Regards,

Mike.V

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Vandergrift
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

I have seen this issue before.  Please reset the device to factory defaults and when the wizard launches go ahead and cancel it and configure manually.  Sometimes there can be browser compatibility issues with the wizard so it is best to configure manually.  If you need help with configuration you can call SBSC at 866-606-1866 and open a case.  

Regards,

Mike.V

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

When you say that after configuring the start-up wizard the unit does not accept user name and password are you referring to logging back in to manage it or for wireless access?

Just to make sure that I am understanding you correctly, I want to recap what has been done.

You upgraded the firmware on your RV180W to 1.0.5.4, then you wiped your configuration.

Now you run the start-up wizard and change your management login credentials.

Did you do any further configurations at this point or just save and reboot.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi Eric

Thanks for the inquiry back.

When I first experienced this issue I had just upgraded the firmware and entered most of my configuration changes, logged out, and discovered I could not log in again. OK, perhaps some finger problems, tried a bunch of variants, no luck.

So here are my subsequent debugging steps. About halfway through I posted my comment.

(2) Reset the RV180 back to factory default and started again, logged out immediately after the startup wizard. Could not log back in again.

(3) Reset the RV180 back to factory default and started again, this time did not accept startup wizard, able to enter new ID and password, logged out and back in successfully.

(4) Worried about possibility of corrupted firmware upgrade. Disconnected  everything but the Mac from the RV180, reinstalled the firmware. Tried the startup wizard. Same problem.

(5) Reset the RV180 back to factory default and started again, ran the startup wizard but did not logout. Changed the user ID and password manually. Logged out and back in successfully.

Finished the router configuration and now back in service.

My work is conducted from the Admin account of my iMac, OSX 10.9.5, using uptodate Firefox browser, no plugins or extensions. This Mac has a wired connection to the router. ClamXAV antivirus.

While I was doing this I had no internet physical connection, so skipped the network detect part of the startup wizard. In step 1 I copied and pasted the info from 1 Password 4. In steps 2 and later, I manually typed everything.