Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-26 Web Admin unavailable after firmware upgrade

geirb1961
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just bought a new Cisco SG200-26. Firmware was hopelessly outdated, so first thing was to update. Downloaded 1.4.1.03, and updated boot to version 13506. Bootet, all ok. Tried to upgrade to FW 1.4.1.03, but this failed (illegal software format). As per advice on supportforum, I downloaded an intermediate version (1.3.5.58) and updated. After this update (and boot) I'm unable to reach the web admin interface. I can see that the switch gets IP address from DHCP after factory reset, it responds to ping but unable to reach web admin. Any advice on how to proceed?

Best regards,

Geir

3 Replies 3

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello geirb1961,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.  

With the information provided have you tried to isolate the switch from the network factory default it and let it go to its default IP address 192.168.1.254.  Then assign your PC with a static IP 192.168.1.x with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 with no default gateway.  Hopefully this will get you in and you will be able to configure the switch to the specification needed.

For additional information what browsers did you also try and any other additional trouble shooting you tried.

Thank you,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.

ST KW
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Geir,

> Tried to upgrade to FW 1.4.1.03, but this failed (illegal software format).

This happens if you don't extract the downloaded .zip file. (Maybe you forgot this?)

Best regards
Stephan

Hello stephan.kambor,

Make sure you upgrade the boot code to 1.3.5.06 via TFTP first before you upgrade to the firmware 1.4.1.3.

Basic firmware upgrade instructions:

Upgrading from Versions Earlier than 1.3.5
When upgrading the device from version prior to 1.3.5, you first need to upgrade the device image to image version 1.3.5 or 1.3.7 and the latest boot file (1.3.5.06).

Start with upgrading to the boot code 1.3.5.06 (using TFTP) and then the firmware to 1.3.5.58 (using HTTP).  Under active image make sure to set upon reboot to make 1.3.5.58 the active firmware.  Reboot the switch.  Verify the switch has upgraded to the correct firmware/boot code.  Once the switch is upgrade to that then you can upgrade the switch to firmware version 1.4.0.88 (using HTTP).

Link to the admin guide:  http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf
Starting on page 38 has the information for the upgrade process.

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.