Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to update Self Service user ID in End User Page of CUCM

Hi,

We use Cisco Call Manager version 10.5.2. Could anyone please clarify what is the use of "Self Service user ID" which is available in the "End User" Page of CUCM? 

Thanks

Rajeswari

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rajeswari,

Please look into this bug if it helps

KeyPadEnteredAlternateIdentifier entered for EndUser already exists
CSCup30328

Symptom:
Use of same Self Service User ID while creating/adding 2 nd user results in KeyPadEnteredAlternateIdentifier entered for EndUser already exists message.

Conditions:
Condition:
1)Login to CCM Admin.
2)Access the path User Management->End user and add an end user.
3)Make an attempt to add 2nd end user using same Self-Service User ID used while creating first one.

Following message is displayed
"Add failed. KeyPadEnteredAlternateIdentifier entered for EndUser already exists."

Workaround:
use different Self-Service User ID

Further Problem Description:
UI is showing the database field name instead of the UI label for same data.
regds,
aman

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/hcs/10_1_2/CUCDM_10_1_2/Maintain_and_Operate/CHCS_BK_CF60EC78_00_cucdm_10_1_2_maintain_and_operate_guide/CHCS_BK_CF60EC78_00_cucdm_10_1_2_maintain_and_operate_guide_chapter_011001.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I am unable to access the above link. Is there any other web link which would give me an idea about the "Self Service User ID"?

Thanks again

Rajeswari

Hi,

you can refer this link .Self Service User ID is used by users to provision their phones.

http://www.netcraftsmen.com/cucm-self-provisioning/

regds,

aman

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the response. I experience an issue while updating the Self-Service User ID [DID] of a particular user. When I try to update the Self-Service User ID, it displays the following error:

Update failed. Self-Service User ID (KeyPadEnteredAlternateIdentifier) entered for EndUser already exists.

For all other users, eleven digit Self-Service User ID is updated. But, for this user, when I try to update 11 digits, it displays the above error. But, I am able to update 10 digits [leaving the digit 1].

I am wondering, why this happens for this particular user. Anyone has an idea why this happens?

Please help.

Thanks

Rajeswari .

the error message says that self-service userid already exists for that user.

any reason ,why  you want only 11 digits?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

There is no specific reason. The local technician in the site/location [who assists us in setting up the phones] usually update the Self-Service User ID. They usually update 11 digits. But, for this particular user alone, it doesn't accept 11 digits. So, we are wondering why it doesn't allow 11 digits like others.

Thanks for your assistance. 

Rajeswari

Hi Rajeswari,

Please look into this bug if it helps

KeyPadEnteredAlternateIdentifier entered for EndUser already exists
CSCup30328

Symptom:
Use of same Self Service User ID while creating/adding 2 nd user results in KeyPadEnteredAlternateIdentifier entered for EndUser already exists message.

Conditions:
Condition:
1)Login to CCM Admin.
2)Access the path User Management->End user and add an end user.
3)Make an attempt to add 2nd end user using same Self-Service User ID used while creating first one.

Following message is displayed
"Add failed. KeyPadEnteredAlternateIdentifier entered for EndUser already exists."

Workaround:
use different Self-Service User ID

Further Problem Description:
UI is showing the database field name instead of the UI label for same data.
regds,
aman

Hi Aman,

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, the information about the bug you provided cleared my doubt.

Thanks again

Rajeswari

Link works fine, make sure you're removing the garbage CSC has been adding when you copy/paste

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I finally resolved this by finding a End User with a Self service ID that had the extension but also included *5223 in the end. 
So for example, I was trying to add a user with a new Extension 5228, I got the same warning that EndUser already exists. 
It checked all my extensions and found Extension 5223 with a self Service id that looked like 5228*5223 .
Not sure if it was a typo or not. 
Once I fixed the self service ID for 5223. I was able to add 5228.