cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FindIT what type of account do I need to be able to use it

ross.stewart1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WAP371 connected to my network and would like to use FindIT what type of account do I need to be able to use it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joshua Beatty
Level 1
Level 1

FindIT requests your OS login credentials. Please note that if you use a familiar name that is different from your account name such as in the case of Active Directory or if the name of the account has been changed, you will need to use the account name and password of an account that has administrative access to the computer. This is for security reasons as Cisco FindIT can provide a great deal of information about your network. You must have an administrative account on the computer with a login and a password to use Cisco FindIT.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/small-business-findit-network-discovery-utility/data_sheet_c78-570064.html?cachemode=refresh

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Ross: Please let me know if this was any help to you. If not let's see how we can get you additional information on FindIT

Joshua Beatty
Level 1
Level 1

FindIT requests your OS login credentials. Please note that if you use a familiar name that is different from your account name such as in the case of Active Directory or if the name of the account has been changed, you will need to use the account name and password of an account that has administrative access to the computer. This is for security reasons as Cisco FindIT can provide a great deal of information about your network. You must have an administrative account on the computer with a login and a password to use Cisco FindIT.

FindIT do not accept my OS login.

I run Win 10 and I tried both local login and username and Microsoft user and password. Non was accepted.

Is there any work around??

Olof

Hi Olof,

1. Can you provide some system information about the Windows 10? For example, the detail OS version of your system.

2. Can you send me the FindIT's debug logs on your machine. The logs should be in the install directory of FindIT Utility. For example, C:\ Program Files(x86)\Cisco Small Business\FindIT\FindITServer2020-02-17-01.txt. Please send me the latest debug log file after you type the OS credential on the FindIT Utility GUI.

Thanks,

Aiping

ross.stewart1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the help I thought it was asking for my Cisco login i did not even think of the Admin login.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: