Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor cisco Access point

Ahmed Zniti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i want to monitor cisco access point using SNMP .These WAP are controlled by two Cisco Controllers (In HA mode ‘Active/Passive)and the  protocol used for Controller-WAP communication is CAPWAP . Is that possible or not

Somtehin Else  can we find an OID or monitor which can calculate  signal strength (Weakness) on cisco Controllere wireless or access points ?

Regards

Ahmed

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
i want to monitor cisco access point using SNMP .These WAP are controlled by two Cisco Controllers (In HA mode ‘Active/Passive)and the  protocol used for Controller-WAP communication is CAPWAP . 

Yes you can.  SNMP is the underlying protocol used by Cisco Prime Infrastructre.  

Exactly WHAT are you trying to do/achieve?

HI

I would like to supervise the access points and the controller by monitoring application and I would like to know how to enable snmp in the access points(for the case of capwap AP) is that through the controller or independently whether the WLC contains the  OID of signal strength (Weakness)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card