Views
Helpful
Replies

License for ASA 5512-X for Anyconnect

Benny Chong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Security guru,

I recently placed an order for an ASA 5512-X to accommodate people to use the any connect from anywhere around the world. After placing the order, i forgot to include the premium license to activate the Cisco anyconnect license which i need it to make it work. The one i ordered is just a base ASA i think with out any license.

Now i need to order/buy the license separately to activate any connect. That should still work right? Once of the possible license i could buy and activate it is "ASA-AC-E-5512=". That's to support up to 250 users. 

This is all i need right to get anyconnect to work on remote users outside of the office. Do correct me if i am wrong or need to purchase something else. 

2 Replies 2

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

That is the AnyConnect Essentials license, which entitles you to connect via AnyConnect on devices that are not mobile (cell phone, tablet, etc.)

Unless you want to do the Clientless SSLVPN Portal, advanced features like posture, CSD, etc., you do not need the Premium license.

Hope this helps.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Be advised that the AnyConnect Premium and Essentials packaging is approaching End of Sales (last ordering date in August 2015).

The replacement would be AnyConnect Base and Apex licenses.