Views
Helpful
Replies

Increasing output queue size

ipcruiser81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

Can an interface buffer space / queue size be increased if you bundle the ports? For example, is the queue size larger for a 2G ether channel to a 1G interface? I have a situation where output drops increments on an interface occasionally (due to bursty traffic - bursts above 1Gbps). I want to solve this issue by creating a 2Gbps etherchannel. Configuring qos for congestion management or avoidance is not an option ...

Regards,

3 Replies 3

TM13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is that 1Gb Interface? and getting higher traffic on it? in that case QoS would work, etherchannel either, but if have 1Gb interface and receiving 100Mb traffic and still having output drops, you can go for this

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/116089-technote-switches-output-drops-qos-00.html

Hi,

Thanks, but I am not using QoS. Would just like to know if a 2Gbps etherchannel will have larger switch port buffer size compared to a 1Gbps interface.

Regards,

If the interface getting full and dropping packets then yes, if net getting full and dropping packets then no , i think

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: