Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MSE to measure roaming on a wireless cell

ivan.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello good day my name is Ivan, I have a question
I wonder if to validate that the roaming in a wireless cell is happening in real time, it may be useful to the Cisco MSE integrated into Cisco Prime Infrastructure. Applications that are vo courses network data and video.
All this from the information of plans and the location of the AP's and the connected devices.
We need a tool to monitor the real-time roaming. What kind of version of MSE could recommend to me?

Thanks

Regards

3 Replies 3

ali aqrabawi
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Ivan ,

but the MSE does not track the real-time roaming of clients , 

it designed mainly to track client/tags/rogues locations , 

also to track interference noise sources and locate them on the MAP , there are couple of otehr features that the MSE does, but not fast-secure roaming . 

Hi Ali thanks for your answer

According your advice, what kind of tool of Cisco can I use to measure the roaming in real time?

Regards

just a sec , what do you mean by roaming measures ? do you mean how fast/reliable it happens ? 

or you want to measure the occurrence of roaming ? 

with MSE you can measure the client movment between MAPs in/out , by enabling northbound notifications on the MSE ,

but no tools to measure the cell roaming , unless the CMX can do so (which i don't know much about.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card