route-map Test permit 10
 match ip address prefix-list Testt
 set community XXX : YYY

Kind Regards, 

Tariq.E

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tariq

In the route map this command sets a community value which will be advertised to some neighbor. Some of the BGP community values are established and well known, such as no-export. But most community values are negotiated between BGP peers.

I doubt that the original command really had XXX,YYY and so if you substituted XXX,YYY for what was there then you are the best one to know what they were. What they mean is probably something that was negotiated between your company and the BGP neighbor.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tariq

A route map can be used for multiple purposes and in this case the route map appears to be used to manipulate advertisements in BGP. The first line of the route map identifies the route map by name and establishes the first instance of the route map (and appears that it may be the only instance in this route map). The second line of the route map identifies a prefix list which will be used to examine prefixes to be advertised. The third line of the route map will set the community value of the prefix being advertised.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks, But what mean here by 

set community XXX : YYY

Also what mean by XXX , YYY

Thanks

Tariq

In the route map this command sets a community value which will be advertised to some neighbor. Some of the BGP community values are established and well known, such as no-export. But most community values are negotiated between BGP peers.

I doubt that the original command really had XXX,YYY and so if you substituted XXX,YYY for what was there then you are the best one to know what they were. What they mean is probably something that was negotiated between your company and the BGP neighbor.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Many Thanks 

Kind Regards, 

Tariq.E

Tariq

I am glad that my explanation was helpful. Thank you for using the rating system to mark this question as answered.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card