Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Routing

rajath.poovanna
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a scenario in which I am kind of stuck and wondering if anyone can give me the best advice on how to accomplish it.

Topology is as below:

Datacenter setup:

Router[R1] -> connected to Core Switch 1 [csw1] via 10G Link

Router[R1] -> Connected to Core switch 2 [csw2] via 10G Link

Router [R1] -> connected to Core Switch 1 [csw1] via 1G link

Router [R1] -> connected to Core Switch 2 [csw2] via 1G link

OSPF is the protocol being used and we have neighbors UP on all these links.

We have couple of sites that connects to Router [R1] via an xpress connect link for data center connectivity.

Currently all these sites traffic are routed via 10G link [ospf cost 10] when compared to 1G link [ospf cost 1000] at datacenter. All networks are in area 0.

We have an requirement were in we need to route certain site subnets via the 1G link rather than 10G. 

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If your equipment support PBR, you may want to utilize it to send certain subnets via the 1G links.  This would be without OSPF.

link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/qos/configuration/guide/fqos_c/qcfpbr.html

HTH

Yes.PBR should work. But i'm looking at options with OSPF.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

You might be able to do what you want by having links with subinterfaces and those subinterfaces in different OSPF topologies.  Rather messy, though.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card