cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting ports to/from two SG200-26 in between a catalyst 3750 thru separate VLAN

Alvin Lalisan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please help me configure my three switches (2xSG200-26 and 1xCatalyst3750).

The goal I'm trying to reach is to provide a communication to single port to and from the two SG200-26 switches, separated by a different VLAN other than its default value.

What would be the settings?

thanks in advance,

AL

4 Replies 4

Martin Carr
Level 4
Level 4

The question is not clear, but I will answer what I think you are asking.

You are saying you want a different VLAN, connecting the SG200's? If so you just add the GE/1 interfaces to the respective VLAN.

From what I understand these switches are GUI managed, have you connected to them yet?

Martin

Already did that with no avail. It only works if configured within a single switch.

The sg200-26 has a different os than the catalyst 3750, making a difficult configuration.

Dear Al

Although I've not understood your question completely (extremely sorry about that), but going through the diagram you have attached, I came to the conclusion that you want to interconnect the GE1 port of  both the SG200 switches and the ports should not be in the default vlan. If this is the case, then I would suggest you to follow the following configuration steps.

1- Switch1# vlan database

2- Switch1(vlan)# vlan 2

3- Switch1(vlan)# vlan name xyz

4- Switch1(vlan)#exit

5- Switch1#configure terminal

6- Switch1(config)#interface GE1

7- Switch1(config-if)#switchport mode access

8- Switch1(config-if)#switchport access vlan 2

You need to create the same vlan on both the switches to communicate.

Hope it does help you out.

Regards

Chinmoy

This discussion has been reposted from Cisco Small Business Support Community to the Small Business Switches community.