cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration of Anyconnect VPN issues

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I am doing migration of Anyconnect VPN from one ASA to another ASA. I need your suggestion. The migration needs to transfer anyconnect vpn configuration and customization. After I reviewed some documents, it looks like that both configuration and customization are not only thing that need to transfer. Any one can give some suggestion what exactly else need to transfer in addition to vpn configuration and customization ? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dinesh Moudgil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Although copying the configuration from one firewall to another will get all the anyconnect rules and setup complete, but the flash contents (i.e anyconnect packages, anyconnect profiles , anyconnect customizations , bookmarks and dap profiles ) are not transferred to the other ASA . They have to be manually uploaded to the new ASA.

Another way to do this is via ASDM,

Go to Tools > Backup configuration:

Select the components of the VPN that you want to create a backup for.

***NOTE***
This backup will be restored as a whole only via ASDM and might override other configuration.
So you might want to restore the backup on a fresh firewall and then import the configuration and ASA images.

Else, you can go the ususal way , copy the anyconnect configuration first and then manually transfer the anyconnect components from one ASA's flash to another.

Regards,
Dinesh Moudgil

P.S. Please rate helpful posts.

Cisco Network Security Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CiscoNetSec/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dinesh Moudgil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Although copying the configuration from one firewall to another will get all the anyconnect rules and setup complete, but the flash contents (i.e anyconnect packages, anyconnect profiles , anyconnect customizations , bookmarks and dap profiles ) are not transferred to the other ASA . They have to be manually uploaded to the new ASA.

Another way to do this is via ASDM,

Go to Tools > Backup configuration:

Select the components of the VPN that you want to create a backup for.

***NOTE***
This backup will be restored as a whole only via ASDM and might override other configuration.
So you might want to restore the backup on a fresh firewall and then import the configuration and ASA images.

Else, you can go the ususal way , copy the anyconnect configuration first and then manually transfer the anyconnect components from one ASA's flash to another.

Regards,
Dinesh Moudgil

P.S. Please rate helpful posts.

Thank you so much. Excellent explanation and very important information !!

Glad to be able help you !

Regards,
Dinesh Moudgil