Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can asa5505 do the traffic and routing

Hello all,

i want to create a infrastructure for my network, but i dont know how. Here is an example:

My question is a router between the asa and the server nessesery? Now the asa5505 gives the servers ip addresses and they have internet.

What will happen if there is a router like cisco 2911 between them and do i need it?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

CSCO12029650
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Svetoslav.

In a default mode asa 5505 is a L3 switch, so you do not need any routers between asa and servers.

Asa (every model, including 5505) support routing, nat, and many additional technologys.

Also you may use router if you want to. In yhis case you should configure some kind of routing (static or dynamic).

As a summary: ASA is a router, and it is possible to connect any endpoints directly to it.

Router between ASA and servers will require to configure routing

--

Best regards,

Alex

Ok  thank you for the answer, because i cant configure the router. So the best thing for me is if i dont need a router between them. I have put routing in the asa5505 and there is internet on the servers so i dont need a router thanks a lot!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: