cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to VPN Client 5.0.07 returns Error 443 (logs included)

Onimallar
Level 1
Level 1

I've gotten Cisco VPN Client to work on my windows 8.1 box, but my windows 10 box is giving me some ssues.

I'm trying to connect to a Cisco VPN using Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0290. on Windows 10.  At first Cisco VPN wouldn't install, and I found out I needed to install Citrix DNE prior to the Cisco VPN Installation. I did that and the Cisco VPN client now installs fine.

Now I'm getting an error 443 with the following log information when I try to Connect:

---

Config file directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\

1      20:31:03.517  07/23/15  Sev=Warning/2 CVPND/0xA3400017
Key download failed.

2      20:31:03.517  07/23/15  Sev=Warning/3 IKE/0xE3000002
Function download_key_entry failed with an error code of 0x00000000(ISAWIN:346)

3      20:31:03.518  07/23/15  Sev=Warning/3 IKE/0xE3000050
Failed to load IPsec keys

4      20:31:03.518  07/23/15  Sev=Warning/2 IKE/0xE30000A7
Unexpected SW error occurred while processing Quick Mode negotiator:(Navigator:2263)

5      20:31:03.533  07/23/15  Sev=Warning/2 IPSEC/0xE3700003
Function CniMemRealloc() failed with an error code of 0x00000000 (IPSecDrvBSafeMem:152)
---

in the Event Logs I see the following error:

The Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.

----
Things I've Tried:

I took the SSL cert from my one computer that works (windows 8.1) and installed that on my Windows 10 box, and ensured it was valid. I then imported it into the Cisco client. This didn't work.

I checked the registry to ensure there was not bad data in the DisplayName Value, and that is working.

Any thoughts on what I could try next?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dimorris81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Onimallar,

I had this same problem with my 64-bit Windows 10.  But on my 32-bit Windows 10 VM the Cisco VPN Client worked OK.  So I looked into the differences.  It seems the 64-bit installer for the VPN client can't modify the network settings to add the required "DNE LightWeight Filter" network client to the network adapter properties.

I tried the Citrix DNE Updater, and whilst this allowed the Cisco VPN Client to install successfully on my 64-bit machine, it would not establish a connection.

Continuing with the differences, I removed both the Cisco VPN Client and the DNE Updater, then installed the SonicWall VPN 64-bit Client from Dell, as this was installed in my 32-bit VM (the 32-bit version).  This added the DNE LightWeight Filter network client to my 64-bit machine.  I reinstalled the Cisco VPN Client successfully, and was able to connect to a remote site successfully.

This worked for me.

You can download the SonicWall VPN Client from:

https://support.software.dell.com/sonicwall-global-vpn-client/windows%2032-bit

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

The Cisco VPN Client is only supported up to windows 7 and not on windows 8 and higher (ofcourse there are hacks that can be done on windows 8 to get it to work, but I have not heard of any for windows 10).  I suggest that you start planning for an upgrade to AnyConnect.

But having said that, have you tried running the VPN client in compatibility mode?

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

I have tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.

Does cisco provide a newer VPN client that can connect to the same server that my VPN Client is connecting to? having to upgrade a VPN client in a corporate world with 100k+ employees is a non starter atm. :\

The new VPN client to use is the AnyConnect VPN client.  The IPsec VPN Client is end of support now.  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/vpn-client/end_of_life_c51-680819.html

You can find links to various AnyConnect resources HERE.

--

--

Same exact error and issue as OP
Latest official Windows 10 (64-bit) build: Version 10.0.10240
Latest Citrix DNE from this site: https://www.citrix.com/go/lp/dne.html
Last supported Cisco IPSEC VPN client: 5.0.07.0440

Upgrading to AnyConnect is not an option as the company is moving towards F5 BIG-IP
Desperately looking for a Win10 hack to make the IPSEC client work for just a little longer.

Same issue here.   I had it working on an upgrade install from Windows 8, but when I did a fresh install of Win10, I was never able to find a solution to this error.

I was able to solve the Interactive Service error with a registry tweak and enabling the Interactive Service Detection service in "services.msc."

Sadly, that did nothing to fix the key download error.

We are moving as an enterprise to AnyConnect, but it's still a month or two out.   Hopefully somebody smarter than I figures out a fix to carry me over until we GA AnyConnect internally.

If you are looking for hacks, then this is probably not the best place to look for them.  Cisco does not support these hacks and therefore very few people on in this forum will provide you with such hacks.

--

Where do you suggest we go then?

Dear ALL,

It took me many time to resolve! Finally, this post is useful for us!

Please refer this post:

http://www.gleescape.com/posts/2917

Thanks,

Aswind

tpreiss2010
Level 1
Level 1

Im getting exact the same Errors with the Cisco IPSec VPN Client.

Importing the pcf Profil into NCP Secure Entry Client 10.02, the VPN connection is working.

Still looking to get he Cisco Client to work                                                                                                                 

As alternative to Cisco IPSEC VPN client and NCP Secure Entry Client (which costs money) I was able to use Shrew VPN (free version) https://www.shrew.net/download/vpn and importing cisco's pcf profile. That seems to have worked just fine and hopefully can be a usable alternative until if/when Cisco IPSEC VPN client is made to work with Windows 10.

dimorris81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Onimallar,

I had this same problem with my 64-bit Windows 10.  But on my 32-bit Windows 10 VM the Cisco VPN Client worked OK.  So I looked into the differences.  It seems the 64-bit installer for the VPN client can't modify the network settings to add the required "DNE LightWeight Filter" network client to the network adapter properties.

I tried the Citrix DNE Updater, and whilst this allowed the Cisco VPN Client to install successfully on my 64-bit machine, it would not establish a connection.

Continuing with the differences, I removed both the Cisco VPN Client and the DNE Updater, then installed the SonicWall VPN 64-bit Client from Dell, as this was installed in my 32-bit VM (the 32-bit version).  This added the DNE LightWeight Filter network client to my 64-bit machine.  I reinstalled the Cisco VPN Client successfully, and was able to connect to a remote site successfully.

This worked for me.

You can download the SonicWall VPN Client from:

https://support.software.dell.com/sonicwall-global-vpn-client/windows%2032-bit

Thanks,

this is also working great for me too.

downloaded the Sonic Client from http://help.mysonicwall.com/Applications/vpnclient/ ; (Download possible without account)

Good catch, sir.   :)   Working for me also.  

This works for me too! Thank you so much.