Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP User ID Attribute

Can we integrate LDAP with CUCM with ipPhone field  as LDAP Attribute for User ID ? So we are using 8 digit extension as User ID in CUCM and want the same for new setup . I do have option to use User ID as Telephone Number,SNaccountname,Employee Code,email etc but i want to use User ID as ipPhone .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The custom LDAP fields are not used by CUCM for anything, they are for other apps like AC, that configuration also does not work to re-map any of the other fields. As explained by Wilson, the ONLY options you get, are the ones in the drop-down when you configure the integration, if the field you want is not there, then you cannot map it to that CUCM field.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Madhav,

I'm not really sure if you can overwrite the default configuration but there's a Custom User Field for LDAP.

Go to LDAP->LDAP Directory-> Custom User Fields To Be Synchroized.

Regards

Can i change Telephone Phone attribute as ipPhone attribute using custom user field ?

You mean you want to use the Telephone Attribute to be used as User ID attribute for the CCM user once the users have synched?

I think it should be possible, per the guide

DAP Attribute for User ID

If synchronization with the LDAP server is enabled, you can choose an LDAP attribute value for the user ID. Choose one of the following values from the drop-down list box:

• For Microsoft Active Directory
    • sAMAccountName
    • mail
    • employeeNumber
    • telephoneNumber
    • userPrincipalName

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_chapter_01100.html

HTH

It suppose to work but really it's no a common requirement. Let us know if it work for you :).

Hi,

You can manipulate End User 'Telephone' field to be filled by AD ipPhone attribute from the LDAP configuration window (See below).

But you can't use ipPhone as 'LDAP Attribute for User ID'. This can be telephoneNumber only.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The custom LDAP fields are not used by CUCM for anything, they are for other apps like AC, that configuration also does not work to re-map any of the other fields. As explained by Wilson, the ONLY options you get, are the ones in the drop-down when you configure the integration, if the field you want is not there, then you cannot map it to that CUCM field.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: