cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk edit "Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings"

Chris Penny
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to edit the CFUR destination for each 4 digit DN to the DNs full 7 digit DID number so when I have a WAN failure, calls will route out Local Gateways through the PSTN.

I can edit them each manually (which honestly I'd be done with by now), but I'd really like to figure out how to bulk edit them.

I've tried several different ways using BAT, but it either fails or I can only change the field to the same destination for all the DNs.

Has anyone every successfully attempted to do this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to bulk export, modify the csv, then bulk import.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried setting the CFUR with a wildcard i.e 9123XXXX ?

I did try that under the "Update Lines" function in BAT. Didn't work, but I'm not completely sure I was able to test it accurately in my test environment.

I cant upload the .tar file it is not allowing me to do that. I go to Upload/Download files and then I can only attached CSV files not .tar files?  why is this

Not sure.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_CDB9A6A4_00_cucm-bulk-administration-guide-100/CUCM_BK_CDB9A6A4_00_cucm-bulk-administration-guide-100_chapter_0111110.html

If you are following the guide, I don't see why it won't work. Maybe the .tar is missing the header??

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to bulk export, modify the csv, then bulk import.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm going to give this a try Jaime. Thx.

Worked beautifully Jaime. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I had never used the export/import before so it was definitely a little scary, but it worked exactly how I needed it to.

Thanks!

Hi, Can you perhaps send me the steps you took to get this working?

Sure Marnus.

So in the CUCM admin page, I went to Bulk Administration, Import/Export, Export. I selected the items I wanted exported and submitted the job.

The output was a .tar file which I opened up in Excel. I was able to edit my Forward Unregistered Destination and CSS for each DN. I then saved that as a .tar and uploaded it into the CUCM.

Went back to the Import/Export in CUCM Admin and imported the .tar.

thanks which items did you export.

Under Device Data I selected Phone.

Hi Chris.

I have another question. So i got the .tar file from CUCM and ex extrated it using 7zip. Changed the device profile call forwarding number and saved and then re-tar'd the file to same name. But now according to the Bulk Admin Guide I need to upload the file and then import. But CUCM is only allowing to upload CSV files not tar files. How do I upload the modified .tar file that has all the new config files (csv) files in it. ?

In the CUCM Admin page, I went to Bulk Administration, Upload/Download files. Clicked on Add New.

Select the .tar file for upload, Target was Import/Export, and Transaction type was Import Configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: