cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 - Setup issues - does not respond

jimzplace1
Level 1
Level 1

After restoring the WAP321 to default settings over 10 times I still can not access the device on 192.168.1.245

It just times out. it wont ping. Is there any way to configure this device other then the default? 

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Moving post to Small Business>Wireless Community

cristgon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello jimzplace1,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums. My name is Cristian, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support Community.

Depending on your topology your device might have a different IP address than the one you posted above. If you could provide more information on your topology that will better enable us to assist you. Might I also recommend using Cisco's FindIT to try and find and connect to your device. 

I hope you will find this answer useful, and I hope you reply back with any questions or concerns.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it*

Regards,

Cristian Gonzalez

Cisco eContent Developer 

Thank you for your reply. I have located the device and reset it up. it seems to be working except that now I can no longer access the login page because it is saying that the connection has been refused. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in.

Thank you

Jim

To be clear you can see (able to ping) the device but cannot connect via the login page?

Quick Tip: Double check that your device and computer have IP addresses in the same subnet. 

Hi cristgon,

I am on the same subnet and the router is pingable. I have tried 4 different browsers, also tried laptops and desktops. wifi is working but now i cant change the password without having to factory restore it again.

Does the device show up on Cisco's FindIT? To be clear, you are able to connect to the device but can't login?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: