Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 Multiple Static IP's

hovishovis
Level 1
Level 1

Before we purchase a RV180 I need to check that it can support the following:-

Our ISP provides us with a block of static IP's of which 5 are usable - ie 1.2.3.88/29 in this example.

ISP---(PPoE)--->RV180---(normal ethernet - ie no PPoE)--->switch--->server 1 (1.2.3.89)
                                                            |------>server 2 (1.2.3.90)
                                                            |------>server 3 (1.2.3.91)

Note the PPoE requirement on the ISP side - Our need of the RV180 is to just handle the PPoE (authentication and stripping etc).

The current router we are looking to replace uses one of the static ip's for itself (1.2.3.94) which is fine - so I guess this is what the RV180 can use.

I would also need to ensure somehow that I can only access the management of the switch from the same subnet (or maybe another VLAN if supported??).

No need for the firewall/nat/vpn services on the RV180 as the servers do these tasks.

If the RV180 is not suitable any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

tphelps19
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post but I've spent the last 3 hours trying to get this piece of junk to work with multiple IP's and I'm giving up.  I'm a 15 year network engineer and I think this unit is a piece of junk that doesn't actually support multiple WAN ip's.