Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS to CUCM via SIP trunk

MastahBates
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to integrate a pair of Expressway Core and Edge servers to enable Jabber Guest to work with our CUCM. I am currently struggling to get the VCS and the CUCM servers to communicate with each other via SIP. The two Expressway servers are able to communicate via SIP on 7001 but the Core and CUCM cannot communicate using port 5060. I have followed several Cisco branded guides to the letter to no avail. CUCM  shows a SIP Trunk status of "None" on the SIP trunk page and the VCS shows a status of "Failed".

Does anyone have any suggestions and what I can do to get the SIP trunk to establish?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you confirm the config on CUCM and VCS as per the following guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_8_9_and_X7-2.pdf

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

- Both CUCM and the VCS (Expressway Core) are on the same subnet.
- I will be creating the SIP trunk using the IP address of each server rather than the FQDN. For this I have unchecked the tickbox in the Standard SIP profile for phone devices to "Use FQDN in SIP requests"
- CUCM version 10.5.1, Expressway Core version X8.5.1
- Currently both CUCM and Expressway Core are in demo period which I would expect not to hinder the ability to create the SIP trunk

Apart from the above, everything is by the letter in the guide you have mentioned.

Hi,

Can you share the screenshots of the following from Exp-C

Status > Unified Communications.

Status > Unified Communication > Unified Communications SSH tunnels status

Manish

I assume the Zones would be the issue.

Sandro Nardi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

from the screenshot the issue appear to be on the zone between the Exp C and the Exp E,

you need to configure a "Unified Communication traversal" zone between the two (used for MRA or Jabber guest) and not a "Traversal Client/Server" zone.

In my experience if you have zones with different "Type" between a couple of Expressways leave the UC traversal zone on the default port 7001.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: