cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Presentation Issue

michaelrrizzo
Level 1
Level 1

We have installed several SX20s recently and we have found an issue with certain computers presenting. The issue seems to be with newer ThinkPad Laptops. The Codec will not present when fed through a Atlona AT-VGA300CV scaler . We installed a scaler to midigate a problem with some PCs resolution being set to high for the codec to see. However some PCs with resolutions set within the codec limits will not present . They flash on and off. The codec still sees that something is there but it will go to black then flash the presentation for a second then back to black. ..when I bypass the scaler the PC in question presents properly. I will also add the signal is being split to a second source either a large room monitor or projector prior to going into the scaler. 

Does anyone know of a known issue maybe Cisco is aware of with the SX20? We have several SX10s that do not have this problem. 

thanks

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We've seen a similar issue with another manufacturer's scaler.  It ended up being an issue with the firmware version on the scaler being an older version, and the new version fixed the issue.  So, the first place I'd look, would be at the Atlona and if there is a different firmware version for that that resolves the issue (especially if the laptop works fine when directly connected to the SX).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

MIchel / Wayne,

Here I´m having a similar issue using the SX20 TC 7.3.3 using the presentation source, connected with other parties through CUCM 10.5.2 --> Conductor 3.0.3 --> vTS 4.1(2.33).

The conference starts normally, but when connecting the PC to the presentation source of the SX20, we can see that the presentation starts to be transmitted but then it drops unexpectedly.

This is the same issue that you are experiencing? Do you have any idea of might be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: