Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Click to Call download

k.ms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

From where can I download Cisco click to call compatible with CUCM 10.0? With my cco login id, I could'nt find in below-

Downloads Home>>Products>>Unified Communications>>Telephony Extensions>>Unified Communications Widgets.

I see only "Phone Designer" in Unified Communications Widgets.

Thanks

KMS

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps9829/bulletin-c25-730948.html

The feature is included in Jabber for Windows, otherwise, you would need to develop your own.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

can you please elaborate a little bit how is click2call functionality built in jabber? Ok, I can take contacts from outlook, but how can I pick up a phone number from Firefox or IE in order to dial it automatically with deskphone controled phone, not talking about copy/paste, as this is not c2c functionality

maybe I'm missing sth...

regards

The Jabber for Windows documentation discusses the feature, I suggest you review it.

How to enable it and how it works is there.

HTH

java

Hi,

So as far as I understood, it is available on jabber 11->, and basically it works like this:

you find phone number in browser and hit predefined key shortcut (default SHIFT+CTRL+J)

it brings jabber immediatelly to the foreground and writes the number in the phone field. Just hit green and you're good to go...

Not bad, but I still don't get why there are so many solutions for this, squizing one another out (TSP, c2c, jabber, call connector for windows), and as far as my experience goes none of them works flawlessly and each has its own issues...

so if a customer asks this (and this is old feature lots of potential customers got used to on their previous systems)  it is a big chance you will stumble upon something of the following:

e.g.

-customer has unsupported version of the windows

-customer has CME instead of CUCM (know CME is now supported with Jabber, but still no deskphone control, only as softphone)

-one of the solutions is approaching EoL and the new, suggested one, still doesn't support the feature or some aspect of it 100%

-some will work from outlook but not from web browser etc

Why not stick to one solution and keep it updated regularly instead of having bunch of not-so-finished-products

If you want to understand why it was removed, discuss that via your AM.

Right now, the click to call option from Jabber is what we offer, besides that, you would need to look for a 3rd party, or create your own.

HTH

java

Jaime, you are normally more level headed about these things.  I was surprised to find your relatively harsh response.  Consider that all these 3rd party integration requirements and dependence upon APIs (Jabber and Spark) are making Jabber less appealing to many customers who really want a simple solution.  Click to call used to be provided by Cisco and fully functional with Office an IE.  In the name of "unified communications" is still ought to be.  Sometimes progress and dependence upon 3rd party integrations makes a solution too difficult for the average client to consume and they will look another way.

Response Signature

If you mean that I sent him to his AM, that's because those topics cannot be discussed at CSC, that's NDA material. I understand your point, however the topic of business decisions, is also beyond CSC, that kind of discussions, need to happen, at the very least, at partner forums.

I don't know why they removed it, but even if I knew, I couldn't share that here.

There are many things that people used, and were removed, like phone designer.

I can only provide suggestions based on what I see in my cases and CSC, the ones that need to ask for this, are guys like you, who are buying/deploying the solutions, and finding this problems.

You need to make sure the BU understands the problems you're having to position their products Vs other options.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: