cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue adding ASA 5505-x to Firesight Management Console

west33637
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. The ASA is blocking communications between the firepower module management interface and my Firesight management console.

Hello. I am trying to add an ASA 5506-x firepower module to Firesight Management but am getting a possible software mismatch. The ASA Firepower module is running asasfr-sys-5.4.1-211.pkg and defense center is running 5.4.0 (build 763). 5.4.1 is the only option available for download for the ASA 5506-x on the Cisco downloads site. Also, I only see 5.4.0 available for FMC. Is there a resolution for this incompatibility? Maybe there is a 5.4.0 763 version for the 5506-X? Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The FMC needs to be at or above the version of all the managed sensors and modules.

The current latest version of FMC is 5.4.1.2 Build 37. You find it by first upgrading to 5.4.1 from cisco.com and then going into System > Updates and checking for the latest by running "Download Updates".

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The FMC needs to be at or above the version of all the managed sensors and modules.

The current latest version of FMC is 5.4.1.2 Build 37. You find it by first upgrading to 5.4.1 from cisco.com and then going into System > Updates and checking for the latest by running "Download Updates".

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card