cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are these correct SFPs for EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU?

vishnureddy1979
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am planning to upgrade the internet circuit for primary and shadow circuit with 2 sets of public IPs allocated from my ISP. I am using the modules EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU in the 2901 routers. Can i use GLC-SX-MM= SFPs as I see in the cisco docs link below: The ISP is going to terminate Multimode fiber with LC connector. And the speed would be 100 Megs with burstable up to 1 Gigabit/sec

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/high-speed-wan-interface-cards/data_sheet_c78-660124.html

GLC-SX-MM=

GE SFP, LC connector SX transceiver

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SFP is compatible but the router will NOT be able to push 1 Gbps ... more like 220 Mbps to 300 Mbps.

View solution in original post

Definitely. The 2901 won't come anywhere near 1 Gbps like Leo said.

If I was doing 100 Mbps with bursts up to 1 Gbps I'd recommend the ISR 4431 or 4451.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SFP is compatible but the router will NOT be able to push 1 Gbps ... more like 220 Mbps to 300 Mbps.

Thank you. 

Since DIA is 100 Mbps upto 1Gbps burstable do you recommend upgrading the router for higher throughput in the long run? 

Definitely. The 2901 won't come anywhere near 1 Gbps like Leo said.

If I was doing 100 Mbps with bursts up to 1 Gbps I'd recommend the ISR 4431 or 4451.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: