Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 11 & Share Desktop with 3 or more participants

Filipe Tavares
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a deployment with CUCM 9.1, CUCIMP 9,1 and Cisco Jabber 11.

I'm able to start a share desktop session from an IM chat/chat group with 2 or more participants. When I try to share desktop with an active call (2 participants), i've got no problem. When I try to share desktop with more than 2 participants, the share desktop button is greyd out, making it impossible to share the desktop.

My questions is:

Can you share your desktop with more than 2 participants when you have an active call?

Regarding the release notes of the Cisco Jabber 11, it only mention with the IM group chat:

Sharing Features

• IM Only Share: Groups of 10— You can now share your screen from an IM with groups of up to 10 Cisco Jabber for Windows users.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/11_0/RN/JABW_BK_C5E7828C_00_cisco-jabber-windows-11-release-notes.html

Solution:

We were using DSP Resources for videoconferencing and IOS DSP Resources doesn't support content sharing (BFCP).

There are two options:

• Before setup the call, start the share on a chat window. This will use Jabber custom RDP protocol. Then, start the conference;
  • Setup MCU Resources for Videoconference and enable those resources.

Thanks,

Regards

4 Replies 4

Ricardo Guita
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you fixed the issue? I'm facing the same issue...

Regards,

Ricardo Guita

Hi Ricardo,

We were using DSP Resources for videoconferencing and IOS DSP Resources doesn't support content sharing (BFCP).

There are two options:

• Before setup the call, start the share on a chat window. This will use Jabber custom RDP protocol. Then, start the conference;
  • Setup MCU Resources for Videoconference and enable those resources.

Thanks,
Regards,

Hi Filipe,

Are you using soft or Desk Phone?

Thanks (Obrigado)

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

Hope you're doing well.

I've just tested with versions 11.6(2) and 11.7 (release today to CCO).

This is the tests result:

Jabber 11.6(2):

• If the conference is initiated by a softphone, the conference is hosted on the Telepresence Server;
  • If the conference is initiated in deskphone mode (with the active call with or without video), the conference is always hosted on the IOS DSP Farm.

Jabber 11.7:

• Independent the mode that you're using on Jabber, the conference is always hosted on the Telepresence Server.

So I believe that was an issue on the Jabber 11.6 release.

Thanks,

Regards

(Cumprimentos)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: