<DirectoryServerType>BDI</DirectoryServerType>

<PrimaryServerName>x.x.x.x</PrimaryServerName>
   <SecondaryServerName>y.y.y.y</SecondaryServerName>
   <BDIPrimaryServerName>x.x.x.x</BDIPrimaryServerName>
   <BDISecondaryServerName>y.y.y.y</BDISecondaryServerName>
   <ServerPort1>3268</ServerPort1>
   <BDIServerPort1>3268</BDIServerPort1>

And on service profile setting on CUCM on Directory Profile

I have checked User Data Service (UDS) for directory integration which mean that you can use UDS for directory searches without selecting any primary, secondary, or tertiary servers. Clients connect to UDS using DNS/SRV.

Now

Is my jabber login is done through LDAP and search is done through UDS

And If I need both login and search to be done through UDS, I should modify xml file and not to mention ldap

Or Jabber will always login through ldap authentication because CUCM is integrated with LDAP

Only My hope is not to rely on ldap communication with all users. Only CUCM can reach ldap. then all users should login and search through UDS on CUCM without any need to contact LDAP !!

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to your users, if they say LDAP active, and you have LDAP authentication configured, they will log via LDAP, if they say local users, they will log via UDS.

Whether you want your users to use LDAP directly, or use UDS, for directory seach, that's a whole separate deal

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

thanks, I'll try to delete ldap authentication and check the login again

Also I think after "use UDS check box" checked in service profile. Users are searching directory using cucm. If I uncheck it. They use what xml say to search which is ldap. Am I correct !!

Thanks

Hi,

If you want to use UDS for authentication, you need to have this line in your XML file.

<DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>

and you need to delete these two lines

<DirectoryServerType>EDI</DirectoryServerType>
   <DirectoryServerType>BDI</DirectoryServerType>

Now, you need to make sure that authentication and contact resolution are done using the same service (either both LDAP or both UDS). If you start mixing them, you will have problems in user status, desktop sharing, and even resolving names to extensions.

No, that is completely wrong, such setting is used only for contact resolution source, not authentication during the login.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I just checked my notes and found that I am mistaken and you are right. This setting for contact resolution and directory lookup. UDS authentication is enabled in UCM and will work if the client is using local enduser account for login.

Thx for catching this and apologize for the confusion I made :)

Thanks for great info

So for directory lookup from UDS . I need to check use UDS on cucm service profile and remove these EDI and BDI from xml file !

At this moment I think I need a web server to host photos and to point to it from the xml file so that users to be displayed with photos. Photos work with ldap fine so I think it'll need this path to be displayed when using UDS

thanks for your help