Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Group 14 with Ikev1

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , 

Our partner network using checkpoint which support ikev1 with "group 14" . Our ASA doesnt seem like supporting group 14 , it supports group 14 on ikev2 . 

Any workaround on this . Please let me know . 

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I looked into this recently for a customer. The only way that I found to use grop 14 on ASA was to use IKEv2, and that works. If someone does know a way to use group 14 in IKEv1 on ASA I would be interested in knowing it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Richard ,

You mean you changed both side to ikeV2 , or you can keep one side ikeV1 and other side ikeV2 . Can you please explain how you did that ??

Claudion 

Claudion 

The first time that I did this I controlled both devices and I changed both devices to use IKEv2. The other time that I did it I changed our ASA to use IKEv2 on the VPN tunnel and the other end was a non Cisco device controlled by a different company. I have the impression that they changed to IKEv2 also but can not say that for sure. But since the protocols are quite different I do not see how it could work with IKEv1 on one side and IKEv2 on the other side. It seems to me that both sides need to use v1 or both sides need to use v2.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick