cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the RSP720-3C-10GE also support Q-in-Q and VRF-lite without a ES+ or SIP+SPA module ?

edsge teenstra
Level 1
Level 1

Does the RSP720-3C-10GE also support Q-in-Q and VRF-lite without a ES+ or SIP+SPA module ?

The RSP720-3C-10GE has 5 interface, so we are wondering if those interfaces can also be configured for 802.1ad (dot1Q tunneling) and VRF-lite.

I find this Cisco 7600 series router config document regards to QinQ (802.1ad), i assume it is also for the actual router interfaces.. but i am not sure. :
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/7600/ios/15S/configuration/guide/7600_15_0s_book/802_1ad.html

And i find this one for the ES+ line cards :
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/7600/install_config/ES40_config_guide/es40_sw_config/es40_chap4.html#pgfId-1788242

Thanks for the advise. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Edgse,

As far as I know, ports on RSP behave like LAN linecards ports (WS-X67xx for example) so QinQ and VRF-lite should be supported without needing other element besides the correct IOS with the corresponding feature set.

Take into consideration that you should look into the configuration guides of the LAN cards which use the traditional "switchport". The SIP-400/SPA and ES+ linecards will be focused on the EVC model (service instance) which is not supported on the LAN cards, hence it won´t be supported on the RSP ports.

Let me know how it goes,

Jacobo S.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Edgse,

As far as I know, ports on RSP behave like LAN linecards ports (WS-X67xx for example) so QinQ and VRF-lite should be supported without needing other element besides the correct IOS with the corresponding feature set.

Take into consideration that you should look into the configuration guides of the LAN cards which use the traditional "switchport". The SIP-400/SPA and ES+ linecards will be focused on the EVC model (service instance) which is not supported on the LAN cards, hence it won´t be supported on the RSP ports.

Let me know how it goes,

Jacobo S.

Thanks for the info .. much appreciated

We are also looking into the older GSR104xx series with PRP2  and SIP/SPA combinations we are not there yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: