Views
Helpful
Replies

Implement a new DHCP for 5 sites

Madju1991
Level 1
Level 1

Dear: support.

i have 5 sites both site has a router and connected to provider and connected also to our head office and they are different ip subnet, my questions i'd like to implement a new DHCP that's located and the head office and those site they were take ip from the Head office core switch?

Please advice

thank you..

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So each site using different IP subnet(s) and you want to hand these out from a central DHCP server ?

If so -

1) create DHCP scopes on the DHCP server

2) on the L3 interfaces at the remote sites you need to add -

"ip helper-address <DHCP server IP>"

so you only need to apply that command to a L3 interface that is the default gateway for clients in that subnet.

You will also need to exclude at least the L3 interface IP from each DHCP scope.

Jon

Dear: Jon Marshall

do me a favor if you can show me some sample for creating DHCP scope on the DHCP server? and also how to add L3 interfaces at the remote sites

Thank you.

What is the DHCP server ie. what platform ?

The L3 interfaces should already be there ie. you don't need to add any.

I assumed you already had your sites setup ?

Jon

i have already L3 interface on our head office and its connected to internet router our DHCP its configured and the L3 switch. now for our site most of the switch its L2 and connected to internet router..now i want those sites taking IP address from DHCP that's located on the head Office.

Thank you.

I don't understand your setup.

If each site has it's own router what does it connect to in terms of WAN connectivity ?

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card