Views
Helpful
Replies

Product compatibility CT5508 and 2602I AP

sanjayk619
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are going to setup a Wireless Network with the following products, we would request you to provide us an accurate answer about their workability

Controller : AIR-CT5508-50-K9

Access Point : AIR-CAP2602I-N-K9            x10Nos

Access Point : AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9            x15Nos

Both the access points having different regulatory domains (i.e. A & N), I am doubtful whether this combination will work or not

Thanks

Sanjay Kumar

3 Replies 3

From the below table you can find the radios which can su[pport by latest 5508 series WLCs

Hardware/Software Parameter

Hardware/Software Configuration Type

Release

Cisco WLC

Cisco 55xx Controller

Access points

1142, 3502, 3602, 1602, 2602, 1702, 2702, 3702, 702, 702W, 1852

Radio

802.11ac, 802.11a, 802.11g, 802.11n2, 802.11n5

Security

Open, WEP, PSK (WPA and WPA2), 802.1X (WPA-TKIP and WPA2-AES) (LEAP, PEAP, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS)

RADIUS

ACS 4.2, ACS 5.2

Types of tests

Connectivity, traffic, and roaming between two access points

If you want to know the more information please read the below release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn81mr1.html#47548

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sanjay,

First of all 2602 AP need to have 7.2.110.0 version on WLC.

I think to support both kind of AP with different regulatory domain you need to configure multiple country code on WLC.

Using multiple country code on WLC is possible !  But there is a limitation.  A big one, what channels will you be able to use?

with multiple Country Codes you are limited to the common channels and power.

Regards

Don't forget to rate helpful posts

bartek.felus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

There is a way to change the regulatory domain of each radio in an AP from ROMMON using the RADIO_CARRIER_SET parameter. Cisco doesn't mention it, but I have seen it done by TAC engineer during webex and I tried the procedure myself changing the domain back and forth on a handful of Cisco AP models.

There is a chinese blog which describes it and shows all the required codes for 2.4 and 5GHz radios. I don't know what Cisco thinks about it, so I will not provide the link, try googling for it yourself.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card