cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC with shared line - Ring Once setting ignored

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a bug with this or some other reason why a shared line on a SCCP IP Communicator device ignores what ring setting I have applied for a shared line?   If I share the same line on a desk phone, the Ring Once, Flash Only, Disable settings work as expected for the shared line on that desk phone.  But on the CIPC device, no matter how I set the ring option for the shared line, it continues to ring.  Set to Ring Once, it rings over and over as if it's set to 'Ring'.  Set to Disable or Flash Only, again it continues to ring as if it was set to 'Ring'.

Any ideas why that is happening?

CUCM 10.5.2

CIPC 8.6.5.0

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Did you reset the CIPC after the change? If yes, then try to delete all the files/folders related to CIPC under %APPDATA% and try to open CIPC again.

Thanks, I will try that the next time I log in and let you know if that fixed it.

I closed CIPC and deleted all the files in appdata for local and roaming for communicator.  I relaunched CIPC.  Now the behavior is that it that the Disable and Flash Only settings work (button flashed, but not audible ring)...but RIng Once doesn't work.  It continues to ring after the first ring.  The behavior is the same for the first line on the CIPC device and the second line also.   

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: