cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command to check Optical Light Levels on TenGig Interfaces on ASR 9000V satellite modules

stewart-ian
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a command to check the Optical TX / RX levels for the TenGig uplink interfaces on Cisco ASR 9000V satellites?  

I am aware of the standard command, for example:

show controllers tenGigE 0/0/0/0 phy

Or, for example a gigabit interface on a satellite module:

show controllers gigabitEthernet 101/0/0/43 phy

However, there does not appear to be a command to show the optical levels on the 4 x SFP+ 10G ports on the ASR9000V Satellite.

Can someone please help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One way to do it is to telnet to the satellite and execute "sh satellite powerlevels port {all|<port>}".

hth,

Aleksandar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One way to do it is to telnet to the satellite and execute "sh satellite powerlevels port {all|<port>}".

hth,

Aleksandar

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Aleks is spot on.

Also of note, starting in 5.3.1 we have more visibility into the ICL link (it will show up as interface type nvFabric-TenGigE or nvFabric-GigE.

Sam

stewart-ian
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks very much for your help guys.  I am running version 5.1.3, so I had to use the Telnet option.

Since we're using auto-generated IP addresses for the satellite modules, I first had to find out what the addresses were, which I was able to do using:
show nv satellite protocol discovery

After that I found that the Satellites are operating in a system generated VRF name: **nVSatellite

I was then able to Telnet into satellite 201 (for example) as follows:
telnet vrf **nVSatellite 10.0.201.1

Then I used the command provided by Aleksandar:
show satellite powerlevels port all

Works a treat!  Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: