Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with cisco small business rv320 and sg200-18 Link aggregation

fbarducci
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I bought a cisco rv320 and with 4-port switch router I created 4 trunks entering the VLAN 1 is not tagged in all four doors and the other VLAN tagged on all switch 4. In sg200-18 I created a door with LAG the usual set vlan and added two trunk ports to the LAG as written in the guide. When I connect a link to a port of the LAG it does everything perfectly, but if I connect both ports the switch stops working like it was unplugged. Why?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From the symptoms looks like you have loop. And ports may be blocked by STP.

It is not completely clear to me what are the exact topology you are trying to achieve. 

Regards,

Aleksandra

I thought so at first for the STP and so I disabled the switch SG200 but 'even after disabled have the same problem.

The topology and 'the following:

rv320 router connected to ADSL modem
router rv320 I assigned the VLAN tagged excluding VLAN 1 by default and that 'not tagged on all four doors, creating four trunk ports.

sg200-18 rv320 connected to the router via the 4-port Ethernet dell'rv320.

Basically I want to make a port-channel aggregating 4 ports dell'rv320, which are trunk, in 'sg200-18 creating a trunk link of 4 gig as happens in 2960 or 3750. Clearly nell'sg200 I recreated all present in vlan rv320.

Hello,

If you are trying to do link aggregation between SG200 and RV320 that is not going to work as RV320 does not support link aggregation. Also RV320 does not support Spanning Tree but if it does not support BPDU forwarding we have uncontrolled loop.

In my opinion there is no particular reason for setting up 4G link to the router when the bottle neck is usually WAN side of the router and internet speed.

Aleksandra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X