cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scientific Atlanta Continuum DVP eXtra Dense QAM Array Documentation?

mav1c
Level 1
Level 1

I have an old Continuum DVP eXtra Dense QAM Array that I';m trying to setup in our lab. I can't find any documentation on this device besides the the data sheet. Anyone had the User Guide and/or Configuration Guide for this device? I could probably figure most of it out if I could just login to it. From what I've read, it has a web- based interface, but I have no idea what the IP is currently set to. Thanks in advance for any info.

This is the device: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/video/edge-qam-modulators/product_data_sheet0900aecd806d1943.pdf

29 Replies 29

kusridha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Timothy

I have attached here the System Guide for the device and on-line help manual.

For checking and configuring the IP address of the device, you will need to use the IP Config tool.

I have attached that as well here .

Hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards

Kumar Sridhar

Kumar,

Hello , thanks for the information . I have continuum dense qam array 24 how can i change the MAPPING configuration ? the array 24 support mpts multicast input?

best regards

Hello Timothy

You need a tool called DQA Mapping Assistant. I have attached it here. There is an application note within package which explains the usage of the tool.

Regards

Kumar

Kumar,

thanks very much for your support.

Kumar,

Hello , hope everything is fine there. One question . I am working with a GQAM D9479-1 with no DNCS . I changed to standalone mode and trying to passthrough

clear air program from asi 1 in to rf1 output do you know the craft command ??

regards,

Hello, I

have XDQA 12 channel Eqam modulator. Is there any chance to

configure it to support 8Mhz bandwidth for EU transmission? Thanks

I think the bandwidth can be set to 7 MHz or 8 MHz if the QAM encoding type is ITU-A. But I don't know if the QAM encoding type is configurable or comes configured from the factory.

Hello, kusridha

I have an  Continuum DVP eXtra Dense 24 QAM Array 

the xdqa 24 is working, let me know that more is needed to put it to work, send udp video format, but not work, I use it with cat 5 wire. Gbit. Conection.

Please any help, I would be very grateful.

Regards
odalis.

Please check the attachments to my previous responses. You can use the system guide and on-line help files for configuring the device. You can use the mapping assistant tool to map the UDP streams at the input to the RF channels at the output.

Kumar

Hello, kusridha

thanks for the reply,

I'm sending a udp signal to  the DVP eXtra Dense-24 to test,

I have attached a picture of DVP eXtra Dense-24 measure link.

help_online, it seems to be DVP eXtra Dense-12 channels,          I read, but I found no answer to the problem.

I am very grateful for your prompt help, thanks.

excuse my English

Regards
odalis.

Hello Odalis

The picture you have attached shows that the input link is OK. It is up and running. But it is not receiving any UDP packets. Have you set up the IP address for the input port correctly (GbE DQA Gigabit Ethernet (Input 1)) on the Network page? Also, are the UDP packets have destination IP address correctly (same as the IP address of the input port of the xDQA24)? If these are set correctly, then there is some other problem upstream in your network.

I am attaching on-line help file for the xDQA24 here and the configuration guide.

Regards

Kumar

Hello, kusridha

I read the pdf you sent me and the online-hepl, and I did not see configurations for GbE port, the IP are correct, I tried it on a PC with vlc and works well, I use IP multicast, and put these with the ip-configuring-tool.

I'm using a small pluglable factor, GLC-T 1000Base-T SFP 100m.

it may be that I need a key program to open the UDP port, or licensed program to do this.

I appreciate any help you can give me, I really need this.

sincerely
odalis

There is nothing required to open the UDP port. However, you have to do the mapping using the mapping assistant tool through which you can enable or disable the UDP port.

Kumar

Hello, kusridha

okay. I'll try and let you know then., Kusridha, you know how much IP use this equipment if it worked?

Thanks again for your prompt response and your help

regards
odalis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: