cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a deleted Voice mail be recovered?

Luis Blanco
Level 1
Level 1

One of our user deleted a voice mail 3 weeks ago.  He/She wants to recover/undelete that email.  Is that possible>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ndehmer
Level 4
Level 4

Depends on the aging policy applied to the user.   Verify which policy is applied under the end user  Edit \ Mailbox.  Then look at that aging policy under the Message Store \ Message Aging \ Aging Policies.   There should be a section for Permanently Delete Messages in the Deleted Items Folder.  This will tell you how long it saves tem after deleting them.   More than likely it is gone already, as I think the default is 15 days I think.  If you have a backup from when the message was left, and you have the resources, you can try a offline restore to recover.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ndehmer
Level 4
Level 4

Depends on the aging policy applied to the user.   Verify which policy is applied under the end user  Edit \ Mailbox.  Then look at that aging policy under the Message Store \ Message Aging \ Aging Policies.   There should be a section for Permanently Delete Messages in the Deleted Items Folder.  This will tell you how long it saves tem after deleting them.   More than likely it is gone already, as I think the default is 15 days I think.  If you have a backup from when the message was left, and you have the resources, you can try a offline restore to recover.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: