Level 1

Hi every one

I need POE access point for business  

6 Replies 6

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello

What are your business needs? How many wireless clients at one time would be using the device? Would this be for just employee use or would you need to allow guest access as well? How large of an area would you need to cover?

If you could detail out how you plan to use this and where it will be easier to provide you with a device or devices that would fit your needs.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful documents Posts and Documents. Let others know when you find helpful information.

Hello

This wireless for employee use and guests

I need to cover 200 m in door through walls

I need high performance throughput

So I need models meet these needs

Hello

Is cisco access point 3600 work POE or not

The Cisco 3600 is not PoE. You would need a Power supply or Power Injector in order for it to function.

Here is a link to its information: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-3600-series/data_sheet_c78-686782.html

It is also controller based and would need a wireless controller. According to the documentation there is not a stand alone version of this.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Hello

Thanks for your answer. Now is their any model like 3600 with more than one Ethernet port ?

Hello my name is Patrick from the Cisco Small Business eSupport team.

I would like to recommend to you the WAP351. It is a dual-antenna 802.11n access point with an integrated 5 port switch. The datasheet for the WAP351 can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/small-business-300-series-wireless-access-points/datasheet-c78-733625.html

The WAP351 is configured using a GUI interface that is simple to use, however it may offer less flexibility in configuration over a CLI controlled device such as the Aironet 3600. Also I'm not certain that this can cover the 200m range you are needing with a single device.

I hope this helps you with your decision,

Patrick Ayers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: