Views
Helpful
Replies

problème with cisco RV130W

debollivier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with a Cisco router that I have installed at a customer. I set up a VPN and makes port mapping. This morning I had to restart the router for port mapping again become active.

Is someone WHOLESALE encountered this problem?

Router Reference: RV130W

Thanks for your help

5 Replies 5

cbjwthwm
Level 1
Level 1

You mean you have problems with port forwarding?  I can confirm this problem regardless of whether the VPN configuration of the router is in use.

I setup two RV130's recently (same firmware for both RV130/RV130W, latest version on both) and both have port forwards failing regularly and need a reboot for them to start working again.  Internal network functionality is not affected, nor is it specific to port types or volume of port forwards configured.

I also tried moving all my custom port forwards to the top of the list, and clearing out the default (inactive) port forwards with no improvement in this behavior.

I programmed the second simpler cfg (no VPN in use) using the wizard just in case skipping the wizard was causing some type of configuration corruption, but it experiences the same problems.  Another site which I used a RV180W at (prior to them being EOL'd) has none of these issues and never needs rebooting.

As a side note to this, I tested one of the routers using grc.com's firewall test when it was in one of these unstable states to determine the status of the ports since multiple forwards were down (web service ports and custom RDPs).  Some reported as closed and some reported as stealth, so the type of firewall behavior when the ports go down is not consistent...they are just consistently down in some form.

The router with both a VPN and port forwarding active also normally pins its cpu to 100% after a short while, and stays in this condition until the port fowards eventually go down (consistently, at least once a week). 

There is no solution so no hand switch router?

His must be a problem recognized by cisco not?

Thanks for your help

Cisco has not yet fixed the problem but acknowledges it here in these forums, their solution is to program single port forwards as port ranges instead.

This has reportedly fixed the problem for some and I've modified mine as such, but I won't report back success until my routers have successfully stayed up for a week without their port forwards going down.

oliverbock
Level 1
Level 1

Is this the same problem as https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12573316/recent-1027-firmware-upgrade-rv130w-results-arp-table-filling