cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2702 AP Aux Port, can you trunk an AP to it?

cshannahan
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in a situation where I would like to plug another standalone AP into the AUX port on another standalone 2702.  No controller is used.  I'm wondering if this can be done, or if it will work.  I can will have power adapters for both.  I'm going to test it soon, just wondering if anyone has tried it?

Thanks

Chris

1 Reply 1

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Do you want to try this out of curiosity or for really production? If it is for production please do yourslef a favor and run another cable to the second access-point.

The aux port is not intended to connect another access-point but for end-points like a video camera. Never configured this on an autonomous access-point but normally the configuration of the switch-port on the switch is leading in which VLAN the traffic will be bridged. On the autonomous side I think you need to work with bridge-groups to get it going. To get the AUX port accepting tagged (dot1q) traffic you can try making subinterfaces, but officially it is not supported for what I know.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: