Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange issue - Ironport delivery - Host down but connects with telnet

Hello All,

Please help me to resolve this strange problem. 

I see that the delivery to a particular domain is stuck and the reason is the host appears down to ironport. however the when i try to telnet the host over port 25 the connection is successful! SMTPPING also shows that the mail can be delivered. But ironport will refuse to deliver email to this one domain as it sense it down.

here are the details from message logs: 

New SMTP DCID 27655373 interface 192.168.86.15 address 195.35.217.39 port 25
Connection Error: DCID 27655373 domain: simondehaas.nl IP: 195.35.217.39 port: 25 details: [Errno 0] Error interface: 192.168.86.15 reason: network error

There is only one interface configured so i can rule out possibility of ironport using wrong interface to connect. connection over telnet works so i do not see any network issue. I could not find any description of Errno 0 over the web,

I'd be very thankful if someone could help me here. 

Regards,

7 Replies 7

Get a packet capture.  In the upper left of the gui, click on Help and Support/Packet Capture.

Click Edit Settings, set the port to 25 and the Server IP to 195.35.217.39.  Submit/Commit, then start it.   Force the delivery to this domain or send a new email...

You might want to turn on a log subscript for SMTP Conversations too.  I'd only use it for debugging because it gets HUGE.  Delete it after you're done...

Ken

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From what I have, Errno 0:

"Undefined error: 0",   /*  0 - ENOERROR */

-Robert

zalesak
Level 1
Level 1

Well, Error message is strange. But I should read before vote, in my case wrong (old) certificate was used to delivery instead of my bought valid one.

acleri
Level 1
Level 1

same issue.

how did you solve it?

regards

My problem was, that there was for some reason (I think after upgrade) used bundled SSL certificate. I read changelog where this was described but keeping in mind that I've uploaded our valid certificate before I forgot about it. I hade to fix using right certificate for SMTP(S) connections and it started to work.

do you mean that after upgrading the certificate associate to the listener was corrupted?

did you simply reconfigure the listener with a new certificate?

Yes, I had to reconfigure listeners and this fixed my problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: