Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access 1941 router after reload

Brunmart1975
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am learning cisco devices for this past years and a little familiar on device command. 
But this time, i was trying to configure a cisco 1941 router until such time I decided to erase my configuration inputted. I erase the configuration with the command "wr erase" and confirmed it. then I command a "reload" on the device.But before I start configuring the device, I access the router in AUX port since I was not able to access in Console port. I noticed that router was rebooted and after that I was not able to access the router even I tried to restart my laptop, use different type of terminal emulator such as tera term, secure crt and putty but still I am not able to access the router. 
I still able to see the LED ON beside Console port and SYS LED solid light ON.
Need some help Please... 

2 Replies 2

mpathira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It seems like you have some configurations under the console application. Start your trouble shooting with the console application settings. In your putty application under Connections go to the Serial, and the parameters for Options controlling local serial lines should be as follows. Please update the thread if this didn’t fix your issue.

Parameter

Value

Serial line to connect to

COM1

Speed (Baud)

Data bits

Stop bits

Parity

None

Flow control

None

Hi mpathira,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure that console config are correct because I did not change my console config after I was able to access thr router, but after I sent "WR erase" and them "reload", router hangs and I'm not able to access in Console port and Aux Port. But it shows a bunch the of character " " after I press keys of CTRL & Break during I reboot the router.

Is there any way to reset the router to its default?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: