cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Iam beginer in routing and switching.

krishna das
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible for configure trunk and access port on same port at cisco nexus5200P?

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As far as I know it isn't but you shouldn't need to.

If it is just one vlan you need to pass then it should be an access port, if multiple vlans a trunk.

If you want one of the vlans in the trunk to not be tagged simply make it the native vlan.

What exactly are you trying to do.

Jon

Thanks for your kind replay.

Kindly go through this screen shot and please tell me what this actually mean?

This is wrong configuration. I found this config doesn't work either Access or Trunk mode well in IOS. Definitely it won't work on that access vlan. As Jon mentioned, proper way is to use native vlan command along with trunk if you need it to be un-tagged.

The ports are running as trunk ports because of the "switchport mode trunk" command.

Some people also configure a "switchport access vlan <x>" which I assume is meant to be used if the port fails to work as a trunk.

I have never used that configuration ie. I configure a port to be either an access port in a vlan with no trunking configuration or a trunk with no access port configuration.

Jon

Hi jon and Kamal,

Thanks for your replay.Now i uploaded nexus5200P switch running configuration they designed.They said that," We need to create interface routing based on IP subnets. It is Layer 2 Switch", i already mention iam a beginner and not working experience in this much of vlans. And they also told me check with iprouting is possible in this switch nexus5200P. Now i am relay stuck with this matter.Kindly help me.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card