Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX and Scripts

GWaldbin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have a script which plays a emergency message right at the beginning of the script. Currently,  I have blank prompt there until there is a need to put up a message. The new message replaces the blank prompt. Whenever user need to remove the urgent message, they will re record a blank prompt again. My problem is-If there is an emergency (lets assume) call center need to be CLOSE for 2 hrs, how should I handle that with this script? How can I CLOSE the call center (all the calls go to vm) in case of emergency?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Gerome,

My suggestion will be to
1. Create a boolean variable named emergency in the script, create the variable as a parameter so that its value can be changed from UCCX application menu.
2. In case of normal operation set the value as false, in case of emergency set it as true.
3. In the in the begining of script check the value of this variable

If(emergency)

True--> 
   Go to Emergency handle
  False-->
   Go to Normal operations

Label:Normal operations
  Put your regular call flow here

Label:Emergency handle
  Put your emergency call flow logic here

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Thilak.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello Gerome,

My suggestion will be to
1. Create a boolean variable named emergency in the script, create the variable as a parameter so that its value can be changed from UCCX application menu.
2. In case of normal operation set the value as false, in case of emergency set it as true.
3. In the in the begining of script check the value of this variable

If(emergency)

True--> 
   Go to Emergency handle
  False-->
   Go to Normal operations

Label:Normal operations
  Put your regular call flow here

Label:Emergency handle
  Put your emergency call flow logic here

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Thilak.

Thanks so much...I will try this solution out.

Hi Gerome-

To build off of Thilak boolean statement rather than using a parameter store the value in an XML document that is checked at run-time.  

This will allow you to write another 'Emergency Toggler' script which can be called into from the PSTN by whoever makes the decision to declare an emergency and enable or disable the emergency logic.  Setting up something like that will make the contact center a bit more self-reliant and keep you from getting a call when you're on holiday.  This could also be useful if they need to shut down the contact center for other reasons, say, an all hands meeting.

Thanks,

DJ

appreciate your comments DJ....I am new to XML but it is certainly good language to know specially if I want to continue learning scripts. You do have better idea....any suggestions where should I begin with xml?

Hi Gerome-

Take a look at these links:

http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/default.asp http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp

DJ

awesome site...thanks for the link