Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with Remote Monitoring on new software version TC7.3.3

corneliss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have started to upgrade a few of my Cisco Telepresence endpoints to latest software TC7.3.3.c84180a then I add the Remote Monitoring release key to view the web snapshots. The only issue is when trying to view Web Snapshots on a few of the endpoints my web Snapshots are blank.

Once you restart the endpoint it will work for about 4 calls and then the Web Snapshots will be blank again and then you will need to restart the Codec again. Please note this does not work on all the endpoints.

I have noticed this issue on mostly all of my Cisco C40 Codecs and SX20. 

When downgrading to TC7.1.4 the issue is resolved.

Kind Regards

Dirk Stoop

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Yup, we found this to be the case as well, downgraded all our endpoints to TC7.2.1 and they worked again.

I did mention this to our Cisco AM last week who were under the impression all was well now in Cisco endpoint land. Not so. :(

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the quick response, so basically we will need to wait for Cisco to sort out the issue.

Kind Regards

I know Wayne Denardi opened a TAC case re broken snapshots after upgrading some time ago and Cisco created a bug report for it. I got us added to the list of customers affected by this bug, so might be an idea to do the same. I just can't find his post at the moment, but no doubt he'll see this thread.

/jens

The list of bugs that Wayne has logged with TAC are noted in the thread, tc730-websnapshots-broken-even-further-design, second page near the bottom.

And I've logged yet another service request for another issue with the websnapshots as well - which is similar to what has been described by you and Jens, and us previously, but this time I can replicate it on will with C60s and SX20s (but my EX90s don't seem to have the issue),

Here's how to cause it - which may help you work out how to avoid it on your devices - When viewing websnapshot on web interface of device, it all appears fine (See Capture1 screenshot), then go in to TMS and bring up the call status (See Capture2), and the websnapshot breaks on the web interface within seconds (See Capture3).

Alternately, you can downgrade to TC7.2.1 which doesn't have many of these TC7.3.x websnapshot issues (which, as Patrick mentioned, have been as discussed at length in the other thread).

Or wait until the next TC7.x software release which is due out shortly and, fingers crossed, will resolve a number of these problems.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.