cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why do we need to upgrade ISR C3925 to ASR ?

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi The C3925 router, as edge router connected with ISP, is upgraded to ASR(i forget its name). Of course ASR can increase its performance. But I do not know which main feature the ASR can increase in this situation ? Anyone can tell me about this ? Thank you

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Off-the-top-of-my-head, none come to mind, but there might be some features found on the ASR not found on the 3925.

Years ago, the 7200 series supported Turbo ACLs, which wasn't supported by the same IOS version in the ISRs.  (NB: it actually was present and worked in some earlier ISR IOS versions, until is was "fixed" to not be available.)

If you have access to Cisco's feature navigator (assuming it's still available), you can compare two routers' features, and look for differences.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card