Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Two CME Routers

kadd.aziz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone;

I'm trying to solve to following problem (Please see the picture in attachment) :

1) I have two sites, two CME Routers and I have the same dialing plan.

2) I want to save the same dialing and I want to permit the communication between the two sites. To do so, I create on CME-1 the following dial-peer :

dial-peer voice 3000 voip
 destination-pattern 9....
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:13.0.0.2
 incoming called-number 8....
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 codec g711alaw
 no vad

On CME-2, this one : 

dial-peer voice 1000 voip
 destination-pattern 8....
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:13.0.0.1
 incoming called-number 9....
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 codec g711alaw
 no vad

Which means that, users on CME-1 must click first on "9" followed by the number in order to join another person on CME-2. The same think for CME-2's users.

Unfortunately, It doesn't work.

I share with u in attachment the two CMEs configurations and I hope u can help me.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you attach the output of debug ccsip messages, would be better however note the following;

1. Give no ip address trust authenticate command under voice service voip

2. No bind commands are there under voice service voip

Thanks

Vivek is correct (+5) on the 2 points and debug.  In addition let us know your IOS version as ip address authentication is most likely your issue, which you can confirm with "debug voice ccapi inout" output.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/112083-tollfraud-ios.html

Thanks u Vivek Batra and Chris Deren for your responses.

I applied your solutions but Still there is a prob somewhere. Unfortunately, I'm not a Voice Expert that's why When I did debug voice ccapi inout, I don t understand what the messages mean.

For your question Chris Deren, I have two IOS versions in my CMEs : 15.1 and 15.2

Any others ideas why it doesn't works ?

Please find in attachment the news Config in both CMEs.

In CME1, add following commands;
voice service voip
 sip
  bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2
  bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2

In CME2, add following commands;
voice service voip
 sip
  bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2
  bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2

One other point I've noticed that from CME1, you are dialing 9XXX whereas in CME2, 9XXX pattern doesn't exist. You would probably like to translate this pattern to 1XXX so that it can match the respective DN. To achieve this,  you've choice to translate this pattern either in CME1 or CME2. Let's do it in CME2.

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /^9\(...\)$/ /1\1/

voice translation-profile 9999
 translate called 1

dial-peer voice 3000 voip
 translation-profile incoming 9999

With the above configuration in CME2, when it receives called party number as 9001 from CME1, it will translate the number to 1001 and it will match with respective ephone-dn.

Similar configuration is required in CME1 to take care of calls from CME2 to CME1.

If this configuration doesn't work, please collect and share the debugs using 'debug voice ccapi inout' and 'debug ccsip messages' from both CME1 and CME. Start with calling from CME1 to CME2.

- Vivek

I just saw your initial post where you've clearly mentioned that from CME1 to CME2, user will dial 9 + extension number hence you need to make little modifications with respect to what I suggested before.

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /^9\(....\)$/ /\1/

voice translation-profile 9999
 translate called 1

dial-peer voice 3000 voip
 translation-profile incoming 9999

-Vivek

techmate11
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

is it a 4 digit extension or 5 digit extension

if its a 4 digit extension starting with 9 and 8, destination pattern should be 9... [ three dots ] & 8...

if its 5 digit it seems to be ok

I apologizes if it sound silly

Thanks

Shahzad Ayub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi kadd,

Are you able to fix this issue and can you please share the solution?

Thanks

Shahzad