Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence SX20 + VCS 8.2 server and Skype for business 2015

Good day! My name is Dmitry! Have Cisco TelePresence SX20 + VCS 8.2 server and Skype for business 2015. Is it possible to set up a conference call on SFB and to call on all subscribers of this conference  ?. At the moment we can only call on one customer and SFB. We have the current version of the software SX20 TCNC5.1.4.295090 - is it possible it obnoviti 7, and will it help to improve the situation ? Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm not expert on this technology but i have idea and already deployed some projects involving integration of Cisco video infrastructure (CUCM, VCS) to Microsoft video infra such as Lync. It would be the same approach to make it work in your case.

How does your SFB being deployed? How are you making a conference so audio and video participants can join on that conference by dialing a number?

• Mediation Server would be needed as front-end server for you to integrate IP PBX using SIP trunk to enable voice conference (audio conference) with PSTN participants.
  • AVMCU (Audio Video Multipoint Conferencing Unit) would be needed to host video conference that will include video endpoints as participants.
  • Video Interop Server (VIS) would be needed to interface your SFB to third-party video conference infra such as Cisco UCM or VCS for Cisco endpoints to call SFB client and for the Cisco endpoint to be able to join in the conference hosted on SFB by dialing the conference number.

I would suggest to contact your SFB AM or Support as well for queries regarding how your SFB infrastructure plan and direction.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

No you will not be able to make direct calls with what you listed. You need to have a and on-prem solution with Skype Front End Server and create trunks to VCS

You could also use a a third party service like BlueJeans that can bridge the two call types. IF this is something that needs to happen quick that might be you best route.

Hi!

We need CUCM 10.5 ? But we have only three components:

1.Cisco TelePresence

2. Video Communication Server VCS Cisco sx20

3.SFB 2015

There Samsung PBX and that's it.

What solution can we implement to reduce costs ?

Thanks!

You would need a front-end server deployed as on-premise for you to interface the VCS to your SFB. There is no way to integrate directly your SFB with VCS. You would  need the Video Interop Server (VIS) to be your front-end server facing the VCS for SIP trunk.

regards,

Acevirgil

Front-end server is already in the infrastructure of SFB. If I understand correctly, we need to deploy another role SFB -> video Interop Server (VIS) ?

Exactly. The the main function of the VIS as a front-end server for SFB is for you to create a SIP trunk with VCS for endpoints registered on VCS to communicate with SFB managed endpoints and also to support interoperability between protocols running on your VCS endpoints and SFB endpoints.

regards,

Acevirgil

But this role is enough to set up a conference call for SFB clients and to call this conference with the Cisco Telepresence sx20 , or you must call the number? Because now you can only call on one customer SFB.On the forums said that to complete the work (conference of the SFB and to call this conference with sx20 ,only VIS are not sufficient to enable CUCM 10.5).Please could you describe in detail what you need us to customize-> to get the functionality that we want ? Thank you!

I'm not expert on this technology but i have idea and already deployed some projects involving integration of Cisco video infrastructure (CUCM, VCS) to Microsoft video infra such as Lync. It would be the same approach to make it work in your case.

How does your SFB being deployed? How are you making a conference so audio and video participants can join on that conference by dialing a number?

• Mediation Server would be needed as front-end server for you to integrate IP PBX using SIP trunk to enable voice conference (audio conference) with PSTN participants.
  • AVMCU (Audio Video Multipoint Conferencing Unit) would be needed to host video conference that will include video endpoints as participants.
  • Video Interop Server (VIS) would be needed to interface your SFB to third-party video conference infra such as Cisco UCM or VCS for Cisco endpoints to call SFB client and for the Cisco endpoint to be able to join in the conference hosted on SFB by dialing the conference number.

I would suggest to contact your SFB AM or Support as well for queries regarding how your SFB infrastructure plan and direction.

regards,

Acevirgil

My corp is trying to acheive something similar and are stuck mid-way. We have a Cisco CUCM, VCS, MSE 8000. We also have another VCS - LyncVCS which is currently used for Video Conference with On-Premise Lync clients

95% of the endpoints are registered to the VCS. Only TX9000 are registered to the CUCM.

Our Corp is now moving to Lync Online with around 10 pilot users on the Lync Online Environment. We have federated Lync Online with our On Premise Environment and the call reaches the MSE bridge. If there is no participant the Lync Clients sees a Lobby Screen. But the moment another participant joins, the Lync Client gets disconnected. Same works fine when a on-premise Lync User joins the MSE Bridge.

We do not have a VIS.

Have you considered the new Cisco Solution released few months ago: Cisco Meeting server ?

This server can host skype for business.

Yes, I was wrong !! we have already deployed VIS Server (LincVIS), in this configuration, only one client can call from sx20 to the client SFB, but can't call in a conference in SFB. As I understand it, you need another platform (CUCM or MCU ) ,without in any way ?

Call control for Cisco video endpoints such as CUCM or VCS could be integrated in VIS using SIP trunk. A VCS would be enough.

Do you mean Cisco MCU? Take note the limitation in deploying VIS for SFB wherein you can only initiate a call from Cisco UCM registered endpoint/system to SFB client or conference. Not supported in both direction. In the case of MCU hosted conference, the MCU will initiate a call to SFB participants. They cannot dial the conference alias/number of the MCU.

regards,

Acevirgil

Douglas Baggett
Level 1
Level 1

There is one up and coming answer which MS announced some time ago. They said they would be adding the ability to dial via SIP by adding a SIP address to Skype meetings sometime next year. 

I'll believe it when I see it.

I am aware that is a functionality which enables to call SIP Address without any On Premise Lync Environment. Our environment has on premise Lync Servers and VCS Server in which currently Lync users have ability to join Telepresence Video Conferences hosted on the Telepresence Server.

We have federated the Lync online to our On premise environment, and have actually made the SFB call to connect to the Telepresence Server via VCS. Only problem is user gets disconnected when another participant joins the call.

Would be great if someone can hint as to what further tweaking makes this possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: